Bug Detective – QA in a New Way
Product - Düsseldorf, Germany
- Level: Professionals,Early Career
- Start date: As soon as possible
Bug Detective - QA in a New Way
Our Quality Assurance team ensures that our website can continue to evolve while maintaining reliability and quality and makes sure that new features are in the best possible shape before they go live. Now we are looking for a detail-focused individual who can assist us in speeding up our testing speed without compromising our high standards. Working as part of a multidisciplinary Scrum team, you will test new features to guarantee that they are functioning correctly and that they integrate problem free into our existing products. You will get the chance to learn how to properly create and develop automated tests as you collaborate with our Software Engineering team. You will identify bugs using automated, exploratory and regression testing, as well as by performing data analysis using business intelligence tools. You will be responsible for making sure that your area is great shape, allowing features to be smoothly and punctually released. In some cases, when unforeseen problems arise, delays will be inevitable, so it is essential that you inform all relevant stakeholders of potential roadblocks so that overly optimistic expectations don’t lead to disappointment.
The ideal candidate:
- Speaks English (our company language) fluently.
- Holds a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or has an astute technical understanding of large-scale websites and can give a thorough explanation displaying this.
- Has an impeccable eye for detail that allows them to spot even the smallest mistakes.
- Will not cling to familiar processes but readily adapts to changes and relishes new challenges.
- Can handle the pressure of multiple people relying on them in order for a project to proceed on time.
- Is fully able to communicate their thoughts so that any potential misunderstandings are avoided and can diplomatically handle stakeholders and manage their expectations.
- Is a real addition to every team they are part of, working towards a collective goal rather than striving solely for personal success.
- Can start as soon as possible.
Life at trivago is...
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free code workshops and Hackathons, as well as the chance to contribute to our tech blog.
- Living in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English.
- This is a fixed-term position of 1 year with a long-term perspective.
- We do not require the services of an agency for this position.
If you would like to learn more about the application process at trivago, please click here.